Follow chelseasneyd on Twitter

Monday, January 5, 2009

Boys Suck

Would a women in the 1900’s allow a man not call her after they did it for the first time. I highly doubt it. I’m sure by the time they had done the deed the ring was already on her finger. Why should we accept any less? Ok, so maybe we don’t want the ring post sex, a ring in the form of a call is all were asking for. Yet is this too much to ask of our male counterparts?

My best friend and I are both in similar situations. The relationships we tend to frequent are those one’s were your not officially together yet if you banged someone else it would constitute as cheating. We bind our time waiting for these boys to call to “hang out” and “come round,” and we always do willingly. We know we are feeding this beast yet we are addicted. Addicted to the idea that maybe one night he will go, you are what I’m looking for. But deep down we know that this is just a glossy version of a fuck-buddy. We make excuses for it and analyse everything they say. Yet the epiphany came when I was with my “whatever” one night and he explained to me that quote “I do girls not girlfriends.”

Could I be slapped in the face even harder yet I know this isn’t uncommon. Boys are realising that they can string numerous girl along and not have to settle for one. They feed our need for companionship by being deviously charming and a complete asshole, (why are the assholes always the most attractive)? Does this problem all come down to a women natural desire to go for the bad boy and hope she can tame him? Maybe, most likely, women are like a broken record. It’s the same problems that we can never solve. We are in an age were we are smart enough to realise we are being taken for a ride yet still dumb enough to keep getting on. My sister thinks it’s a way of staying young, keeping on your toes and living large. If living large is making late night drives to the boy’s house, standing in smoky bars while glaring at the girl he is chatting up and beating yourself up about why you’re not good enough then I’m all for living small.

I decided it was time to change. I stopped taking the calls and I said no to every advance. What happened, well he is still crawling after me looking like the loser while I come off as desirable. Did this deep down make me feel better, no, I still knew I would never make the cut but I sure felt fabulous. Women need to stop looking at these boys as our indicators to how our love life operates. Like Samantha so wisely stated, we need to start fucking like one of the boys. It’s all about power and sometimes saying no will grant that elusive right. We are fabulous and we need to make that person realise how less fantastic their life is without us by their side (or at least in their bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment