Follow chelseasneyd on Twitter

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It was a Monday & my brain checked out

Break ups are funny things. They have the ability to turn a completely stable person to the point of no return. As I have experienced this past week.

I don’t mean to brag about my mental stability but if I were to have a diagnosis on my bodies psychology, words such as calm, patient and shows tendencies to “check out” of intense emotional situations would be thrown around. Yes, in other words I would be described as a clam.

I loved my clam. My clam was cosy and safe, nothing got us down, until last week. Some may be assuming this is my first break up but no, my heart has been ripped in two before and I reacted the way any normal 18 year old would. I cried, I ate chocolate and I ripped up old photos. All regular post break up behaviour and rather quiet boring to note.

But alas, as I have grown older I have not grown wiser. With the introduction of social media platforms, relationships have become rather tricky. When do you change your status to in a relationship, do you delete past partners, can you comment on the opposite sex’s picture or can you private message the opposite sex? This isn’t even taking into account the anxiety that comes after a night out and you wonder if any tagged pictures will be questionable.

Online social media has made relationships stressful! We can now track our partner’s viral footprint, being able to locate exactly where they are at any second. I guess Mark Zuckerberg did not believe in the old adage, ignorance is bliss.

Oh to face the simple problems Dylan and Brenda did, it makes you look at the home phone line as this sexy piece of history. While I have zero facts to base this on, I believe there would have been less straying back then. Why? There was no temptation, but with Facebook you can view and pounce on any girl or guy all from behind a screen.

So what did I do that was so crazy and why is Facebook to blame, plus how do I know how to purchase genital crabs? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment