Follow chelseasneyd on Twitter

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The love of my life

Before I begin I must disclose that I am THAT person. Don’t worry in a few more words you will see what I mean.

I booked my dog in for a doggy glamour shot. Yup I am THAT person. I am a 20-somthing professional with no children – my dog is the love of my life. My family has always had dogs but Harley is MY first dog. I chose where he would come from, picked him out and paid for him. I went through the sleepless nights as he adjusted to life without his doggy mummy and bonded with human mummy, we have cuddled as boys have come and gone and enjoyed Saturday ice creams in the park – he is my other half and my true soul mate. He knows when I want to laugh and when I need a shoulder to cry on. I wouldn’t be me without him. Yes I am THAT kind of person – scream it from the roof tops – OBSESSED with my dog.

I can't describe the love I have for Harley and the connection we share. When I am without him I don't feel whole - he lights me up and centers me. He inspires me spiritually and educates me on living life full of grace. We lean on each other and seek solace in our bond. He is my protector, best friend and child.

After saying all this, I am actually leaving Harley for some time to live in London (don't worry he will still be at home with mum and dad). It will break my heart saying good-bye but it is an adventure I must do. I decided I wanted to get some truly amazing shots of my boy to take with me on my journey and contacted Diana from K9 Photography.

Harley was a complete diva for one who hasn’t even cracked the modelling industry yet, but with a face like his it was hard to get a bad shot.

God I love him and thank God everyday for bringing us together.









No comments:

Post a Comment